Monday, November 1, 2010

October Posts of the Month

Although I was slow this year getting our blogs up and running, I am nevertheless extremely pleased with how well my students are utilizing these online communication tools. As usual, many of them have surpassed my own ability to blog! Thus, again this year, I hope to highlight some of my favorite posts each month by bestowing a "Post of the Month" award to one blogger from each class. To be eligible, a post must be posted within the appropriate month, be an independent free write not completed for a class assignment, and be appealing to an audience in some way. Often I have my students vote on their favorites, but for October I wanted to first share my own.

So here they are! Congratulations to the following students for their winning posts:

Breanna, from Period 5, wins for her series of photography posts. I particularly enjoy viewing her photos, not only because they're wonderful, but because they remind readers that even images can be used to tell a story.

Kayla, from Period 7, wins for her post entitled "Autumn Spirit," in which she beautifully writes about the beauty of this season. In fact, every post on her blog radiates a combination of strong writing skills and surpassing imagination.

Well done to both bloggers! Please visit their blogs, as well as those of their classmates, to continue to experience positive blogging at its best.

No comments: