Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Welcome, Washington Teachers!

On Thursday, Pike Central's English Department will welcome fellow English teachers from Washington High School. Technology will be our agenda, as we gather to discuss and share ideas on how to implement today's technology into the classroom. I hope all of my classes will share my excitement in this collaborative opportunity as we open the doors of our school and our minds.

I would also like to take a moment to thank my student volunteers who will present their ideas and opinions on technology to the Washington teachers. Indeed, I look forward to hearing from both students and teachers. Such discourse is the foundation of the future of education.

In lieu of our focus on technology, I further encourage all students to take part in the Technology Survey posted on my blog. Your thoughts are invaluable to us!

2 comments:

Simsbumponablog said...

Your students did a great job! It was very brave of them to do that in front of strangers and other PC teachers. Thank them for me and tell them that I look forward to having them in speech in two years!

Mrs. Smith said...

Thanks! I too was quite proud of them. Minimal practice, but they willingly volunteered.