Our Moodle chat last week, discussing Karl Fisch's video, went quite well in all classes. Although we had a few kinks to work out, I was pleased overall with the quality of conversation that occurred. Most students enjoyed the online chat and would like to do more. A few pointed out that it moved very quickly and that it was difficult to keep up with so many conversations. However, I'm confident we will improve our chatting throughout the year.
Here are a few highlights from our chats:
"The way I see it, we can kind of expect to have our minds blown on a regular basis, because it is always gonna be more than we expect when it comes to technological progress"
"I think that schools need to provide much more tech, because the increase in technology in the twenty first century is kind of calling for it"
"NO TEXTBOOKS! Carrying a laptop would be much easier than going to your locker every passing period to get different books"
"Technology at school allows us access to much more information than our library can provide"
"But technology is a good thing, evolution didn't stop with opposable thumbs"
"Everyone takes for granted the things we had before tech, that we are not even thankful for what we have"
"I think that modern norms and various media forms are going to keep them addicted to the influx of new media forms, while eroding thought and self expression"
"Technological growth is expanding faster than we can find ways to deal with it"
"Technology is fine and dandy, and I also think that a technology oriented future will be fine, but I think we still need the social interaction that we have now"
"Texting is great (to your boyfriend) but not for jobs; it needs to be more professional"
1 comment:
Interesting! I like the way you added some of their comments. Another idea to steal! I'm assuming you did this in the computer lab. Did you have trouble with the video buffering? That's why I gave up having them watch my videos directly off my blog. Now I show them on the projector.
Post a Comment